CALL FOR NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANTS
The United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) Nigeria seeks the services of national and international consultants in the under listed technical and professional areas of work at the ‘Officer’ level positions.
Consultants are individuals who are recognized authority or specialists in their specific field of work, with significant academic and professional work experience.
1. Basic Education: • Gender And Education • Sector Planning, School Mapping And EMIS • Education Evaluation • Early Childhood Education • Non Formal Education • Nomadic Education • Health Education, Including Climate Change • Sports Education
2. Health • Malaria And /Or Immunization Supply And Logistics • Birth Registration For Health • Health Policy & Financing • Maternal & Neonatal Tetanus Elimination • Community Based New Born Care • Maternal Health
3. Nutrition • Infant & Young Child Feeding Counseling Training • Essential Nutrition Action Training • Micronutrient Deficiency Control (Zinc, Vitamin A, Iodine, Iron) • Nutrition Assessments Using SMART Methods • Nutrition Policy Formulation And Strategic Planning • Nutrition Monitoring And Evaluation • Management Of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM & Inpatient) • Bivariate & Multivariate Analysis of Secondary Nutrition Data.
4. Water Sanitation and Hygiene • Climate Change Adaptation • Sector Investment Planning • Policy Development • Water Quality Monitoring • Capacity Development In WASH Sector • Gender Mainstreaming In WASH Sector • Communication For Development – Sanitation And Hygiene
5. Child Protection • Community-Based Child Protection Mechanisms Development • Human Rights/Child Rights Monitoring And Documentation Skills Development • Case Management Skills Development • “Child-Sensitive” Social Protection • Child Justice Administration • Communication Strategy For Child Protection • Social Welfare Systems Strengthening • Child Protection Workforce Strengthening • Child Justice In Informal Justice System • Children On The Move • Public Health Capacity Building For Treatment Of Child Sexual Abuse • Child Protection In Emergency • Child Protection Systems Mapping • Child Protection IMS Development
6. HIV/AIDS • Strategic Planning, Programme Review, Monitoring And Evaluation • Public Health & Health Systems Approaches To Scaling Up HIV Services (PMTCT, Pediatric Diagnosis And Treatment) • Policy, Guidelines, SOPs, & Training Materials’ Review And Adaptation • Documentation Of Lessons Learned Including Case Studies, Human Interest Stories • Procurement Supply Chain Management (PSM) • Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health, HIV • Combination Prevention Programming Adolescents And Young People • Proposal Development, Technical Review, Including For Global Fund • Use Of Technology Including Social Media Networking For HIV Prevention
7. Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation • Monitoring And Evaluation Training; • Programme/Project Monitoring • Programme/Project Evaluation Techniques • Results Based Management Training • Developing Terms Of Reference For Research Activities • Establishment And Management Of Evaluation Associations • Devinfo Training And Development Of Databases Emergency • Developing Early Warning Systems • Rapid Assessment In Emergencies • EPR Contingency Plans • Vulnerability Capacity Analysis • Management Of Internally Displaced Persons Camps And Relief Materials
8. Programme Communication/Communication for Development • Communication Strategy Development • Strategic Planning with Diverse Populations • Community Engagement Methodologies • Behavioral Research, especially Participatory Methodologies (including Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation) • Social Marketing • Building Partnerships for Social Change • Evidence-based Communication Materials Development • Work with Children as Agents of Change • Documentation, including Significant Change Stories • Training on Evidence-Based Advocacy and Mobilization, including Interpersonal and Group Communication Platforms
9. Social Mobilization • Photojournalist • Video Recorder And Production • Public Relations • Audio Production • Knowledge, Attitude And Practice (KAP) Research • Reports/Human Interest Stories Writer
10. Social Policy & Social Protection • Social Protection : Cash Transfers; Insurance, Assurance • Health Financing For The Poor • Expertise In National Health Accounts • Child Friendly Budgeting: Public Expenditure Review And Tracking • Gender Equality And Empowerment Of Women And Girls • Child Poverty And Disparities Analysis • Impact And Process Evaluation • Qualitative And Quantitative Social Research • Voice And Accountability
11. Media and External Relations/Communication • Writers And Editors • Graphic Artists • Photojournalists • Illustrators • Videographers • Video Editors • Event Planners. • Media – Photography, Writers, Web Designers
12. Information and Communication Technology. • Business System Analyst • Database Administrator • Database Analyst • Database Developer • Desktop Technician • GIS Manager • Hardware Technician • Help Desk Manager • Help Desk Technician • Infrastructure Manager • IT Asset Manager • ICT Manager • Network Administrator • Network Engineer • Network Manager • Network Technician • PC Technician • Programmer Analyst • Programmer • Technical Writer • Web Developer • Webmaster
13. Finance and Accounting • Accountants • Auditors • International Public Accounting Standards • Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfers
14. Human Resources Management • Recruitment • Training and Development • Human Resources Information System
15. Administration • Travel Management • Property Management • Events Management
16. Supply and Logistics Management
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
A minimum of a Masters Degree in the relevant technical area is required. A minimum of seven years progressively professional experience in related field of work is also required. Extensive experience in research, a Doctorate degree and/or UN or international organization experience is an asset.
If you are interested and meet the requirements, please forward your detailed curriculum vitae and a completed UN Personal History Form; via email at email@example.com by close of business on Friday, 7 January 2011.
Please specify your area of specialty in your signed UN Personal History Application form. Selected candidates will be included in our Consultants Data base and will be contacted as the need for their services arises.
UNICEF, a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply.
PS: PLEASE KINDLY REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE AND BE THE FIRST TO GET NEW JOB UPDATE