CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
LOCATION: NEW YORK
JOB CODE: 190
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Working closely with and reporting to the President, the Chief Operating Officer (“COO”) will oversee and manage all operational business functions. He/She will build and lead a team focused on high performance, accountability and delivering client-focused solutions and ‘best in class’ operational effectiveness that enables delivery of programmatic mission. The COO partners with senior technical leadership to translate the programmatic needs in the field into effective and efficient operational deliverables.
The COO will provide a strategic voice in evaluation and management of risks in all parts of the organization. He/She will also be responsible for providing financial management and analysis to enable strategic decision-making and action across EngenderHealth.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
1. Lead the review and implementation of updated organizational business models (including revenue generation options and internal cost structures) balancing true costs of operations and donor funding guidelines
2. Lead the development and implementation of enhanced mechanisms for short and long term business planning, forecasting and budgeting. Ensure appropriate financial oversight and control for the whole organization, maximizing use of technology where appropriate to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
3. Represent the organization with external stakeholders as required, serving as a spokesperson in conjunction with the CEO as appropriate.
4. Define and manage a system of appropriate risk management and compliance for EngenderHealth in all locations.
5. Develop and implement appropriate policies, systems and procedures for establishment, implementation and oversight of grants and contracts.
6. Build and lead cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate operational start up and close down of new locations and projects, including on-going management and oversight of EngenderHealth’s various domestic and international office locations, provision of required registrations, identification of appropriate facilities, health and safety management, management of leases, and insurance.
7. Ensure the provision of appropriate business continuity and emergency planning for all locations including on-going and ‘ad hoc’ safety and security measures as required.
8. Improve efficiency and effectiveness of the organization through the identification, implementation and on-going management of ‘leading-edge’, cost-effective information technology and systems-based operational solutions for the organization. Ensure on-going review of strategies for delivery of technology and systems to meet changing needs of the organization.
9. Lead development and introduction of efficient and effective document and data management policies and processes to facilitate effective oversight and management.
10. Ensure provision of appropriate policies, systems and procedures for procurement and asset management across the organization.
11. Ensure provision of an effective and efficient internal audit function which can provide timely and responsive review across all parts of the organization.
12. Provide regular reports regarding operational and financial effectiveness to the Audit and Finance Committees of the Board, and provide investment performance and policy review to the Investment Subcommittee.
13. Lead and direct teams to ensure appropriate analysis and response to audit findings and timely implementation of improvement of systems, processes and procedures as necessary. Act as primary contact for independent financial audit representatives for annual audit.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Masters in Business Administration or equivalent.
Minimum 15 years of strategic operations, budget and financial management experience with an international organization with multiple offices (ideally including the developing world).
Demonstrated understanding of non-profit financial management in a global context.
Experience with USAID or other U.S. government-funded programs and experience in management and analysis of multiple revenue streams.
Inspiring leadership skills including demonstrated experience in building and leading high-performing teams to achieve measurable results in global environments.
Demonstrated experience of improving business effectiveness and efficiency and identifying and implementing “best practice” technologies.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven influencing and negotiating skills.
High level of motivation with a decisive solutions-based approach.
Thoughtful and analytical with the ability to be clear-minded in the face of ambiguity.
Proven project management skills including ability to direct multiple assignments, meet deadlines, work flexibly in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
An excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity is essential with direct experience of working overseas, particularly in the developing world.
Role is based in NYC but must be willing to travel approximately 30% of time to international locations.
We offer a competitive reward package that is designed to attract a talented and accomplished leader.
Please visit www.engenderhealth.org and click on the “Careers” link. Then click on the “New York” location to apply for the role.
PS: PLEASE KINDLY REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE AND BE THE FIRST TO GET NEW JOB UPDATE