EXTERNAL JOB TITLE MAINTENANCE FITTER – OGBA AUTOREQID 25961BR
TYPE OF JOB FULL TIME
EXTERNAL JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: MAINTENANCE FITTER
REPORTS TO: PRODUCTION SERVICES MANAGER
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining plant and equipment to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner. They are also responsible for participating in all BCM improvement initiatives and PIP’s in their department and for their own training and development. <
He reports to the Production Services Manager.
Significant impact on utility costs and production, quality, reworks and labour costs.
Key role in operating, cleaning and maintaining plant and equipment, impacts directly on plant availability, asset life cycle cost and asset life/replacement frequency.
The Nigerian beer market is complex with many competitors and a strong quality, cost and delivery focus. Need to constantly reduce production cost, while maintaining high quality and delivery to become No 1.
Liase with other Shift Brewers, Packaging, Production Services Maintenance Technicians, Lab Technicians, Contractors and shift Manager to ensure continuity or reliable, quality production.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To ensure brewing and Packaging of Guinness products by making available reliable efficient plant equipment and by providing quality utilities at the right cost.
* Provide outstanding engineering and asset care services to brewing and packaging by ensuring maximum plant and/or utility availability through operating, carrying out maintenance schedule, responding to breakdowns, assessing and monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner.
* Enforce Guinness Nigeria PLC (GNPLC) policy and procedures for safety, health, environment and hygiene to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment. Utilise and apply safe systems of working and proactively seek opportunities to improve work environment.
* Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply record and share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence.
* Manage materials, components and spares required by their plant and equipment – including draw down stock form locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· OND/HND with at least 3 yrs experience in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and performance Measurement of utilities and process plants in a beverage-manufacturing environment.
· Demonstrate detailed understanding of permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
· Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
· Response to change in a positive outlook across a range of situations/challenges.
· Positive attitude to own development and looks for opportunities to help others learn and develop.
BARRIERS TO SUCCESS IN ROLE:
· Lack of personal flexibility to function in a tightly manned manufacturing environment with volatile production and sales demand.
· Displacing entrenched practices with a WCM vision and culture.
· Poor inclination to pursue training and development on an individual and team basis or to share and apply new skills acquired.
CLICK LINK TO APPLY
and click on “SEARCH OPENING” then choose Nigeria and search.
PS: PLEASE KINDLY REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE AND BE THE FIRST TO GET NEW JOB UPDATE